Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Stealing

1. What’s the coolest item you’ve found at a garage sale, flea market, etc?
I haven't been to a garage sale in decades so I can't remember if I ever found something "cool."  It's a temptation I don't allow myself since I have enough of my own junk to deal with!

2. Describe how your day went yesterday.
Hmmm...I had planned to go to Atria to visit my mother, but took what I intended to be a short nap and which ended up being 2-1/2 hours long, so I never got there.  In the evening though, we went to see a community theater production of "Heaven Can Wait," based on the 1974 movie with Warren Beatty and James Mason (which, itself, was based on other sources).  Fairly good production, and we were seated at a table with another critic and with two women who were judging the production for an award later in the year.

3. Do you have issues with people entering your personal space? What do you do when your personal space is violated?
It doesn't happen very often but occasionally you run across people who can't speak to you unless they are literally in your face.  I try to walk away.  I hate situations like that.  I am always uncomfortable when people come into my office because I am afraid I am going to be judged by not only the mess, but by something I've written that I haven't made public yet.

4. What is the one meal recipe you think you’ve mastered?
Joe Special.  I don't make it as often now that we have Home Chef, but thas been a family staple for decades.  It's just hamburger, browned with garlic, then you add thawed spinach which has been drained as much as possible, then add eggs and Parmesan cheese and that's it.  It comes from Original Joe's restaurant in San Francisco.

5.  If you could take back something you did to someone, what would it be?
Whatever it was I did that turned Peggy against me.

6. Would you describe yourself as spiritual, religious, or something else?
Something else I guess.  I believe in a higher power, but not the classic Christian vision of the old man on a golden throne.  (It always puzzled me why everything in heaven is gold and bejeweled....what do you need gold for in eternity?)

7. Did you ever receive detention in school? What sort of kid were you in school – bookworm, smart kid, troublemaker, quiet … etc.
Maybe once.  I was a bookworm, not a trouble maker, definitely quiet and a sorta smart kid (graduated 3rd in my class of 60).  I was in the religious clubs.

8. When’s the last time you ran a mile? How often do you exercise?
You know, I was the one who chose this list of questions and I decided to leave this one in, even though it makes me laugh.  When was the last time I ran a mile?  Never.  How often do I exercise?  Never.

9. What would you say to your 16-year-old self, and why?
Learn good eating habits, floss, and make yourself go into situations where you will be forced to learn how to be comfortable with people.  Too late now.

10. What are you avoiding?
Folding laundry.

11. Describe a “Hah! I told you so” moment you had recently.
Hmmm....gonna have to think about that one before I post this.  (Obviously nothing came to mind)

12. What’s more important, where you live or what you do for a living? Why?
Well, right now where I live, of course, since I don't do anything for a living, being retired and all.

13. Swear words: Are you pro or con? Why?
Why in the hell are you asking me that f*ing question?  Why?  I dunno.  Why not? I don't remember swear words being used by anyone in my family and I guess when I hit college, it became my one act of rebellion, which has only flourished with time.

14. Paper or plastic? Do you prefer to pack your own groceries?
This is a very strong recycling town  If you don't bring recyclable bags, you are charged for a paper bag and only meats and frozen foods that might leak are allowed to go in plastic.  The Farmers' Market can pack produce in plastic.  I let the baggers pack my bags.  I'm a lousy bagger.  The young guys who bag always bag them too heavy, even though I bring a LOTS of reusable bags with me.  They'll cram everything into 3 bags and leave 10 empty and I have to remind them to pack light.  They tell me it's ok because they'll carry it all to the car for me.  None of them has agreed to come home with me and carry the bags into the house for me!

15. Do you have a shoe fetish? How often do you buy new shoes? Do you ever get rid of a pair of shoes?
Good lord, no!  Even as a kid, I hated shoe shopping  My mother says I would cry if she took me to a shoe store.  She has always been a shoe lover and at the time we moved her to Davis, her shoe collection was rivaling Imelda Marcos.  As for me, I wear one pair of Birkenstocks 99% of the time and have a pair of closed toe shoes that I wear if I need to be very dressed up.  That's it.  I've had this pair of Birkenstocks for about 15 years now.

No comments: