Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Stealing

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Walt pays our bills, so I don't write the checks, but I do hate paying my mother's bills for her emergency room visits.


2. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Having dinner in a fancy restaurant.


3. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?
It was on the top of the laundry basket.


4. Thoughts on gas prices?
I once took a picture of our son at a gas station where the price was 99 cents a gallon.  I took the photo because I knew we would never see that price again.  California prices (last time I looked it was $3.66/gallon) are the highest in the nation, the price we pay for cleaner air.


5. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning
I don't have an alarm. I wake up to my body alarm, but my first thought is usually having to get up and feed the dog.


6. Last thought you have before you go to sleep?
I know I am going to wake up in the middle of the night and I wonder how many hours  I'll get to sleep before my body wakes me up.


7. Do you miss being a child?
I miss parts of it, but I am basically happy to being an adult...especially being a mother!


8. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
Folding laundry.  My laundry.  Walt has been doing his own laundry for most of our marriage, since the time I accidentally dyed his Air Force uniform pink (which he didn't realize until the sun came up while he was on base). But I can't complain.  Walt, who is a very good guy, has taken over most of the chores around here, so folding my laundry is about all I have to do!  (Well, that and cook dinner)


9. Up early or sleep in?
Lately I've been waking up very early (3-4 a.m.) but then after being awake for an hour or so, going back to sleep and sleeping until after 8.  This morning it was after 9.


10. Favorite lunch meat?
My favorite meat to make a sandwich out of is cold roast lamb.


11. What do you get every time at Trader Joe’s?
Frozen chocolate croissants and frozen Mexican quiche.


12. Beach or lake?
Beach!  Love watching waves.


13. Ever crashed your vehicle?
I crashed my parents car twice, the first time the night I got my driver's license.  Fortunately, both crashes were bad for the car, but not for the driver.


14. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?
I dunno....maybe a sand dune?


15. Somewhere you've never been but want to go?
South Africa.


16. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
Heck no.  In a month I'll be 75 and who wants to go back to work at that age?


17. Do you own your own house?
Yes, we do.


18. Do you have a go-to person?
Yes.


19. Are you where you want to be in life?
I suppose so.  I don't think about it much.  I'm content

.
20. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I liked Casper the Friendly Ghost and all the Disney cartoons.


21. What has changed since you were a child?
Houses have indoor plumbing now. :)  But seriously, we now have cell phones and computers, and internet access, microwave ovens, roombas, McDonald's, 24 hour TV (when I was a kid, all 3 stations shut down at midnight) and hundreds of stations.  I could go on and on and on.  We were also more polite as a people when I was a kid.


22. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?
I don't know that they were the best, but I loved high school and they were some of my happiest.


23. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Yes, but then I stand up and my bones tell me otherwise.


24. Did you have a pager?
Never did.


25. Were you the type of kid you want your kids to hang out with?
Sure.  I was a good girl who never got into any trouble and who liked doing things like going to the movies or playing board games, or skating.

No comments: