Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday Stealing

 



We stole this from Phoenix the Blogging Mama , who stole it from Karen, who made up the questions herself.






1. How has your life most benefitted from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.
LOL.  Let me count the ways!  I guess it's most benefited from the friends I've made, some of whom have become face-to-face friends, most of whom will forever become faceless.  I've learn new crafts (like pocket letters and junk journal), and I learned a lot about programming and how to create and keep an on-line journal.  I've even learned, after years of trying, how best to make sense of Twitter. The internet really changed my life.

2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?
I rarely get negative comments on this blog, but on the blog where I keep my theater reviews, I once got a comment so negative it sparked a firestorm of answers, pro and con, and ultimately led me to embrace the writer's accusation and re-name the blog "Bitter Hack."

3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today?
I don't really pay much attention to time, since I don't have a regular schedule.  With three extra hours I'd just do three hours more of the same thing I'd been doing all day!

4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?
To my hideaway overlooking the ocean.

5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school? Do you have any enemies today?
"Enemy" is such a strong word.  I don't remember any "enemy" in high school and while there are people in my personal life today that I don't much like, I can't go so far as to call them "enemies."  Now if you want to get political......

6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them?
Think before you act.  Believe in yourself.  Work to make the world a better place.  And floss.

7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received?
"Study to become a teacher.  They have a cushy job.  They only work 9 months out of the year, only work until 3 p.m. and make great money."  (that was my father's advice. . Fortunately, I didn't take it!)

8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had.
I think the year after my father's death, when I used his entire savings (it wasn't all that much) and took the seven of us to England and Ireland.  It was my first trip out of the country. It was the last year when the kids were "kids."  They would soon be going off as adults.  And David was old enough to drink in pubs, so we did a lot of bonding over beer, which mended many of our teen-age disagreements.  In Ireland we met some of Walt's relatives which grew into friendships that lasted a long time and resulted in more trips back and forth.  And Walt and I discovered that international travel wasn't as impossible as we thought it would be, so we did a lot of traveling without the kids.

9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?
My laptop, of course, so I can do a travelogue for Funny the World!

10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back?
No.  What would I do with that much money if I couldn't be with my family?

11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now?
It depends on how much longer Trump will be in office.

12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year?
No.  I bought one 2 years ago that I just love, but rarely have occasion to use.

13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?
In a heartbeat.  I might not remember anything but I would enjoy the 365 days that I had.  It would be like having Alzheimers when I returned.

No comments: