Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Stealing


1.) What are 3 things on your Wish list and why?
- Pain relief for my mother (which seems fairly obvious)
- a new cell phone (because the old one has so many problems)
- A Trump defeat ("spectacular" would be even more wonderful)

2.) Do you miss your childhood?
Only pieces of it.  I loved high school.  I wouldn't mind going back to that, but getting from there to here, no thank you.

3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends?
Being retired, my weekends are no different from my week days, so nothing necessarily special, except that I often have shows to review on weekends.

4.) What do you appreciate most in your life?
My family, and the fact that we all love each other.

5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy?
Healthy.

6.) If you could go back in time would you and why?
I'm having enough trouble with THIS time period.  Maybe if I could go back two years and somehow prevent the Orange Menace from running for president.  Or go back 10 years and convince my mother to go into Atria while she still had enough mental capacity to actually make friends and enjoy activities.

7.) Favorite game as a child?
Monopoly.

8.) What is your dream career?
Well, it's a little too late for a dream career, but if I could go back, I should have majored in journalism and started working for a newspaper.  Maybe.

9.) What do you do in your free time?
All my time is "free time."

10.) Favorite clothing stores?
It has been so long since I've been to a clothing store, I can't even name one.  Rarely, I order something on line from one of the fat lady catalogues.

11.) What TV shows can't you live without?
Jeopardy, Rachel Maddow, Big Bang Theory, NCIS....but I've learned with Jon Stewart's retirement that you can go on after your favorite show changes.  NCIS seems headed for ending soon...it's time...but with reruns, it will live forever.

12.) 3 things you need in your life are:
- Water
- Books
- Writing

13.) What can't you sleep without?
Some sort of blanket.  Not for warmth, but to cuddle under.

14.) Who do you have a celebrity crush on?
Nobody.

15.) What is your Favorite Season and why?
Autumn because the colors are wonderful and it means that soon it will be winter.

16.) What is your Favorite Wild Animal?
The elephant

17.) Name 3 of your Favorite Childhood shows:
Howdy Doody, Beany and Cecil, The Mickey Mouse Show


18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be?
Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.  Oh to be that young and thin...and oh to have such a long neck!
On further reflection, and after reading One Gal's Musings, I realized that the right answer was there in front of me all the time:  I choose Jo March, from Little Women.

19.) Favorite vegetables?
Artichoke, corn, peas, spinach (especially with garlic)

20.) Favorite Fruit?
strawberries and bananas

21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it?
Puff

22.) What do you put on hotdogs?
Mustard, catsup, onions.

23.) Do you play online games?
Just "Word with Friends," which is more difficult now that I can't play it on my cell phone (because the IOS is too old for the latest version of the game and I can't d/l the older version).

24.) What's your favorite way to get inspired?
Read John Steinbeck. My writing always improves when I'm reading Steinbeck.

25.) Do you have a middle name?
Anne (remember the "e")

No comments: