Saturday, October 1, 2016

Saturday 9


The Last Time I Saw Him

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: The Last Time I Saw Him (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Miss Ross sings of a tender farewell at the bus station. When did you last say goodbye to someone at an airport, dock, train or bus station?
Last weekend when I took Walt to the airport to catch his plane to So. California to attend granddaughter Lacie's 5th birthday party.  (I stayed home to dog sit since our dog sitter has a newborn baby at the moment)>

2) Continuing with the theme of "lasts," who received the last gift you gave?
Probably Lacie. We bought her a chef outfit for her American Girl doll, to go along with the MasterChef theme of her birthday party.

3) Who last did you a favor?
My colleague, Jeff, a critic for the Sacramento paper and his Capital Public Radio show, agreed to review a show for me for the Davis paper, since I have a conflict with another show I have to be reviewing at the same time. (this is the weekend from hell for all four of us reviewers!)

4) What's the last thing you dropped or broke?
I drop things so often.  I think the last thing I dropped was the keys to my mother's apartment.  I can't remember the last thing I broke, though.

5) What's the last thing you borrowed or lent?
I borrow books from Logos all the time.  If I start reading a book during my volunteer stint, I take it home, finish it, and bring it back the next week.

6) When is the last time you danced?
At Tom & Laurel's wedding in 2003, I think.
7) When were you last nervous?
Last weekend.  I had to ride to Sacramento with two guys, since Walt was out of town.  On a good day under good circumstances I am always nervous on the freeway, but the driver this time drove in the fast lane (I never drive in the fast lane), 80 mph (I rarely go over 65 mph), and was tailgating.  The only way I could keep from freaking out was by keeping my eyes closed for the whole trip.

8) What was your last DIY project?
I don't do a lot of DIY, but I do enjoy making pocket letters.  The last one I made was showing autumn colors.  I always take pictures of pocket letters when I finish them, but I forgot to take one of this page.  (It was not one of my better ones).

9) When did you last check your horoscope? Was it accurate?
I'm not a believer in horoscopes and I only read it for laughs, and then rarely.  I can't rememberthe last time, but sometimes they are so out there that you have to laugh.

I met my friend Kathy for our monthly lunch.  I think we exploded to each other for a good 15 minutes about Donald Trump before we even ordered our lunch, and we sat there long after our lunch was finished, still talking.  I so look forward to these lunches!  It is nice to have someone who shares so many of my feelings, political and otherwise,to talk with!

I went to Atria afterwards, but my mother was asleep in bed and the housekeeper was cleaning her bathroom, so I wrote her a note and left.  I don't know ifshe will(a) find the note, or (b) understand it.  I know she won't remember it tomorrow.  But she must be ready for clean underwear, so I need to go and pick up her laundry tomorrow.


In the evening, we went to see “Gospel According to First Squad,”written by Tom Burmester, a guy I have known since he was a little kid (he's now pushing 50 and I guess I should stop thinking of him as a kid!). I wrote a feature article about him and his War Cycle, which was published in the paper today.  Very powerful play that takes the audience into the reality of battle and the men who fight it every day.

No comments: