Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing: The Gal's Meme, Part Two

What did your last text message say?
"Thanks.  I was in SF all day."

Are you someone’s best friend? Tell us about your friendship.
I met Char when she was grad resident in a UC Berkeley dormitory.  She seemed very stern; I was a little afraid of her,and I was sure she didn't like me.  60 years later we've been friends all these years.  We each had five kids and raised them together, my weirdest, funniest experiences have been with Char.  We have traveled around the world several times together, with our husbands.

What are you doing tomorrow?
My calendar is blank, which means I will probably have lunch with my mother (who has dementia and lives 5 minutes from me).

What do you think of when you think of Australia?
I am remembering the six weeks I spent in Western Australia...the wild flowers all in bloom, watching the dogs chase kangaroos around the cemetery grounds, standing in the water while dolphins swam around my feet, petting a koala. feeding kangaroos and riding a camel, the gorgeous limestone formations of The Pinnacles National Monument, the aqua blue of the Indian Ocean, and the camaraderie of good friends.


Last person you talked to on the phone? What about?
I called my 3rd & 5th grade teacher, who is now 91 years old and living in a convalescent home in Iowa.  We talked about old times and i told her I was meeting with 5 of my former classmates, whom I had not seen in 60 years.

Any plans today? Do tell.
I saw two plays this weekend and will be writing the reviews for both.

What makes you happy?
Spending time with my granddaughters.

What’s your favorite room where you live?
My office, which my son just redid for me.  I live in it!

Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
His initials are D.T.

If you are jealous of anyone, tell us about it.
I am jealous of anyone who has a mother without dementia.

What is the most serious relationship you’ve had?
Walt and I have been married for 51 years. That's pretty serious.

Should anyone be jealous of you?
I don't know why.

What do you usually do during the work day?
As a retired person, I don't have a "work day"

Tell us about someone that you really don’t care for.
Again, his initials are D.T., but I feel sorry for him because he's obviously losing his mind.

Do you use the phrase “Have a good one” daily?
I don't think I've ever used it.

How old do you wish you’d be turning on your next birthday? Why?
I'll be turning 74 and I'm happy with that.  I don't want to go back and do it all over again.

Do you still like amusement parks? Tell us about your last trip to one.
Oh my word.  I last went to Disneyland in 2000.  I'm Disneyland-ed out and without little kids any more, I'm not an amusement park enthusiast.

How did you get one of your scars?
To my knowledge, I only have one, which is an almost invisible 1-2" scar on my arm where a nail from a box I was helping my friend carry in high school cut me.  (I just looked and I can't find it any more.)

Will you still love me tomorrow?
Will you still be lovable?

No comments: