Monday, December 28, 2015

Sunday Stealing

1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Took an ocean cruise.  We went from Barcelona to Venice.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions and won't next year either.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but our dog sitter, whom I love, just announced she's pregnant, so next year I will be able to say yes.

4. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015?
I learned more about Alzheimers than I ever thought I would need to know.

5. What was your favorite new TV program?
I am loving the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  I never watched his old show and never watched Letterman, but the combination of the two is just great.  I also love Code Black.

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
I didn't really lack anything in 2015.

7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I may not remember the actual date, but I will forever remember that my cousin died the day after Thanksgiving.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably starting to work for the Sacramento News and Review as one of its 4 theater critics.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I know it's hopeless, but I just wish I could drag my mother out of her apathy.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
Membership in Blue Apron!  It is making meal planning effortless (at least 3 days a week)

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm pretty proud of our president, actually.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
I'm wondering how many Sunday Stealing participants will join me in saying Donald Trump. Maybe even mre appalling and disgusting are his supporters who stand by him no matter how outrageous he is, no matter whom he mocks.  The last one I heard was a guy who said that inspired by Trump's rhetoric he set fire to a mosque the day after Christmas.  What a wonderful thing to do in this season of peace.  I am also appalled and disgusted at the congressmen who held off giving medical assistance to 9/11 first responders until so many of them died and Jon Stewart took them to D.C. to beg for their vote.  But then congress pretty much appalls and disgusts me most days since the Republicans vowed never to pass anything Obama wanted, even if it was for the good of the country.

13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
I'm not really familiar with popular music, so nothing special.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Flossing

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Bemoaning being unable to shake my mother out of her apathy.

16. What was the best book you read?
It's a toss up between Stephen King's "11/22/63" and Alan Cummin's "Not My Father's Son."

17. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
To have my "old" mother back again, not the apathetic person she is today.

18. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You've got to accentuate the positive / eliminated the negative / latch on to the affirmative / and don't mess with Mr. In-between."

No comments: