Sunday, September 20, 2015

Grandparents' Day


By the time I got all the work-arounds figured out and yesterday's entry posted, it was 2 a.m. and I was sweating.  I took a shower and then collapsed on the couch and slept until 7.

Joe was going out to help a friend saw logs out of an old felled tree, Alice Nan cooked breakfast for the rest of us and we kind of lazed around until 11, when time to go to Bri's soccer game. I didn't get to see her play last season, though Walt did.

Her team is the Pink Panthers and they are all 7 or 8 years old, though Bri is by far the smallest on the team.  But she's fierce, fast, and nimble.  Last week she made 3 goals, though this week her team lost 2-0.


While the game was going on, Lacie and I sat and she told me (several times) about her birthday party tomorrow.  "Wanna talk about my birthday party some more?" she would ask.

When the game was over, we returned to our respective residences.  I took nap; Walt looked through some old letters and other documents his mother had saved (including part of a biography Jeri wrote when she was 9).

At 4 Tom called and we went to his house for an afternoon watching the girls play.  I decided Lacie is learning how to be a street person, as she carries all her valuables around in a shopping cart.


While she was doing that, Tom and Bri were fixing a hole in her bike tire.


Then, unbelievably even to me, I went in and watched the new movie of Annie, which has become a favorite of the girls.


(People who know me well will understand why this is "unbelievable.")

After a nice dinner, the girls went in to take a bath and I sat and watched Laurel start frosting what will be a Nemo fantasy for the party tomorrow.


The girls are all turned on about the party and I decided that having grandparents added to the mix was the last thing Tom and Laurel needed when they were trying to calm things down and get the girls to bed, so we came on home.
Now to see if all my work yesterday paid off for an easy, trouble-free upload again tonight.  If you are reading this, then I guess it did.

No comments: