Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Stealing

Name a product you buy mostly because it has a cool package.
I can't think of anything specific.

What flavor cake do you like for your birthday?
I'm not big on cake, but if I have to have one, white cake with raspberry filling,

Have you ever been in love with someone much older or younger than you?
My very first crush was when I was in grammar school and my heart went pitty pat for the pastor our church, who was probably in his 50s, bald, and not very good looking.

Have you ever had a job you loved?
My very first "real" job is still my favorite--secretary to 3 Physics professors at UC Berkeley.  I'm still friendly with one of my bosses.  I left that job in 1966
.
Have you ever been in a building that was on fire?
No.

Are you in an argument with anyone right now?
No.

Would you change your hair color to something outrageous if you would get paid to?
Depends on how much.  Makes no difference to me, and if someone wants to pay me big bucks, sure.  It will grow out again.

Have you ever written a poem for someone?
I used to write limericks for co-workers on their birthdays.

What is a place where you’ve vacationed and would like to go back to?
Well, we didn't exactly vacation in Florence, but my one day there left such bad memories that I've always wanted to go back on my own and learn to love it.  I will have that chance later this year.

Do you eat samples at the grocery store?
Sure.  Time your trip to Costco right and you can have lunch by visiting all the sample tables.

What do you absolutely have to have to make your birthday feel special?
Calls from the kids.

What’s the last tourist area you visited?
I had lunch in Sausalito in a restaurant with a gorgeous view of San Francisco earlier this month.

Where do you go out to eat for a special occasion?
There is a Thai place here in town that is probably where we go most often.

When was the last time you went to a post office?
About 3 weeks ago, sending a package to Compassion.

Is there an item you are saving up to buy right now?
No.

Are you psychic in any way?
Not in the slightest!

Do you prefer a laptop or desktop? Which are you on now?
I prefer a desktop (I'm on one now).  I have a laptop (and an iPad) but don't really have a "lap" so its not convenient to use for many things.

Have you ever received a gift and truly did not know what it was?
Sure...in the days when kids made gifts in school for their parents. Mysterious macaroni masterpieces.


Is there a thing you enjoy doing, but quit because you are not good at it?
Biking, the only exercise I truly enjoyed, but can't do since my bike accident in 2003 wrecked my knee.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Mysterious Macaroni Masterpieces--that's a great title!