Sunday, August 16, 2015

Saturday 9

16 August 2015
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 
Saturday 9: Stay with Me (2014)

... because Kwizgiver recommended it


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself?
I haven't been by myself for more than a few days in more tan 50 years.

2) Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that "Stay with Me" was really just "I Won't Back Down." Petty and Lynne won. Have you ever served on a jury?
Just one, though I have been dismissed from a couple.  I just received a jury summons yesterday and was THRILLED to learn that people over 70 do not have to serve.  FREE!


3) Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave's final episode last May?
I did.  I was not a regular Letterman watcher, but I knew that would be an "event" and I didn't want to miss it. (I also watched Carson's final show and the last Daily Show)


4) Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with "massive voices," including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often?
None of them.  I don't even know if I've heard Adele, Winehouse or Chaka Kahn.  My "massive voice" lady is Judy Garland.


5) Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions?
No.  I look like shit in just about everything, so "dressing up" is not something I look forward to.


6) "Occasions" is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller?

Very good.  Not always perfect (especially the older I get), but better than most.

7) Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope?
I never check my horoscope unless I come across horoscopes somewhere.  Don't believe in that sort of thing, though it is sometimes good for laughs, especially in retrospect.


8) Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you?
Reliable, maybe.  Definitely not organized and ambitious.  But I'm an Aquarius and I suspect that's pretty far from Taurus.


9) Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile?
Actually, I see a dog.

No comments: