Sunday, April 19, 2015

Saturday 9

"Country Dew," who writes "Blue Country Magic" does a "Saturday 9" each week.  I saw the questions for this Saturday and thought they would be fun to answer, though the questions seem to be inspired by music each week and I won't know any of the songs linked.  I don't know if I will do this regularly, but I might.  The description of the site is below, followed by this week's questions:
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 

Saturday 9: Neon Lights (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Think of a neon sign you pass by often. What does it say?
I'm a theater critic and am at a theater once or twice a week and so the sign I see most often is "EXIT."

2) In the video for this song, Demi Lovato spends a great deal of time in the water. When is the last time you swam?
2009, with Char, in a pool on top of a hotel in
Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy. We only had 15 minutes because the pool was closing for the night.

3) The song encourages us to "look up at the sky." OK, we will. How does the sky look where you are today?
Clear and a beautiful blue.

4) Demi is a contributing editor for Seventeen magazine. When she was in junior high school, Crazy Sam eagerly awaited each new issue of Seventeen. When you were younger, what magazine(s) did you read regularly?
I was a sucker for movie magazines and eagerly awaited each month's new Photoplay, as well as several others.


5) Demi is an investor in the company that makes Texas Tea, a bottled beverage available at Whole Foods. Do you have any tea in your kitchen right now?
Yes, but I'm not a tea drinker.  I keep it for when Jeri comes home.


6) Demi is currently on tour, performing halfway around the world in Australia and New Zealand. Have you ever had a job that required travel?
Once, a volunteer job.  I was the regional coordinator for The Experimental in International Living and we had meetings once or twice a year, at Experiment expense.  I was able to travel to Brattleboro, Vt. twice, and I can't remember where else.  I know we went to San Francisco, though that was hardly an adventure for me, since I grew up there.


7) Demi had a recurring role on the show Glee. That show's series finale aired last month. Is there a show that's no longer on that you miss?
The West Wing, Northern Exposure, Picket Fences,


8) Fast-growing fast food chain Chipotle reports that their top sellers include a burrito bowl with steak or chicken, salad with chili-corn salsa, and a soft taco. Which of these would you order?
I've only eaten in Chipotle once and I had a burrito.  When I saw that Hillary ordered a burrito bowl recently, I was intrigued and may stop by and try it.

9) What beverage would you like to enjoy with your burrito bowl, taco or salad?
My beverage of choice is always water, with lots of ice.

No comments: