Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Stealing

I got more bad news yesterday -- this time having nothing to do with Char's family -- but I don't feel like writing about it yet, so I'm glad that this is the night for.....

SundayStealing.JPG (4681 bytes)
Nerd Alert Meme

1. Favorite childhood book?

I'm not sure.  I loved "Bambi," loved "Little Women," devoured any book I could get my hands on about horses or dogs.  Maybe "Dark Sunshine" was my favorite horse book.  (No longer in print) "The Further Adventures of Lad" my favorite dog book (because it had both Lad as a puppy, and his death)

2. What are you reading right now?

"Gone Girl," on my Kindle and a Ruth Rendell mystery as a hold-in-your-hands book.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

We live 3 blocks from the library and I can't remember the last time I was in it.   It's been years.

4. Bad book habit?

Starting too many books at once and then never finishing them.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

See #3.  I do not make use of our local library.  Too many books at home that I haven't read.

6. Do you have an e-reader?

Yes.  I love my Kindle.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

I always have at least two, and frequently more, books going at once.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

No.  I have been a huge reader since I learned to read.

9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?

"Gidget."  It was a book that I read for the book club I was in.   I thought it was a stupid book and definitely not for the age group of the 50 women in the book club!

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?

"Written in My Own Heart's Blood," Book 8 of Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series.  It was a long wait, but worth it.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Sometimes.  I read lots of things I would not otherwise read for the book club.   I often pick "out of my comfort zone" books to read at Logos Books (where I work)

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

Most of what I read are crime dramas.  Lots of authors like Michael Connelly, David Baldacci, Harlan Coben, Tess Gerritsen, Ruth Rendell, etc.  But my "comfort zone" is pretty large.

13. Can you read on the bus?

Definitely.  I don't ride the bus often, but when I do, I'm glad to have my Kindle with me.

14. Favorite place to read?

In my recliner.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

Since probably most of what I read is on my Kindle, it's not possible to lend, but if I've already read a book, I am happy to lend (and rarely expect to get the book back)

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

Almost never.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Never

18. Not even with text books?

It's been more than 50 years since I had a text book, so...no.

19. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?

"Tom Jones."  I read it because I read about it in "Marjorie Morningstar," where someone told her nobody read that book for pleasure.  I knew nothing about it, but took it as a challenge ad decided I had to read it...and then I really liked it.  This was back in the 1960s, so I don't remember anything about it now, except what I remember from the movie!

20. What makes you love a book?

Either a good story or a book that has interesting facts (like "Backstage at the White House," which I loved)

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I borrow a lot of library e-books, I love that possibility!