Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Ok let’s talk travel, do you like to travel?
Well, if this isn't a timely Sunday Stealing, since we are leaving for Europe in two days!  (Note to would-be thieves:  our 3 dogs are home, along with our dog sitters, Ashley and David, and their dogs, so don't even think about it...)

Where have you been?

We have been fortunate to do a lot of travel in our nearly 50 years of marriage.   I think we've been to most of the states (missing some in the middle and south), and to I forget how many foreign countries, but more than I ever dreamed possible.   I've seen  the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pizza and the Pinnacles of the Nambung National Park in Australia.  I've walked the Great Wall in China, toured Anne Frank's house, walked on both Red Square and Tianenman Square and drove over Lucky Boy Pass to Bodie. I have been a very lucky person. 

Next place you want to go?

Paris.  On Tuesday.  Chocolate croissants for breakfast on Wednesday.

What is something you MUST take with you when you travel?

My camera, my computer, and something to read (usually on my Kindle)

How do you like to travel? (mode of transportation)

I used to love to fly, but now I just tolerate it (barely).  I do love river cruises.

With someone, or alone?

Definitely with someone.  It validates whatever you're seeing when you can say "Isn't that terrific?" to someone else.

Do you dance in your car when there are other people with you?

I don't dance anywhere, alone or with others.

If you're quiet what does it mean?

I'm thinking of something.

Favorite scent?

The ocean, coffee, freshly baking bread, and they way roses used to smell.

Favorite store?

The Tattered Cover in Denver.

Say you wanted coffee.. what kind is your favorite?

Peet's French Roast

Favorite kind of pizza?

Sausage and Mushroom

Do you get embarrassed easily?

Very, very, very easily.  I can embarrass myself sitting at home alone.

Do you mind people asking you personal questions?

Not usually.  Depends on how personal.

You have a tank of gas, $50, and the day off… what do you do?

I think I'd like to drive up to Apple Hill, where I haven't been in a very long time.   Take pictures, eat stuff, and wander around and then bring home a freshly baked apple pie for dessert.

Favorite tv show?

The Daily Show, Big Bang Theory, and Scandal.  (And then there is  the STARZ mini series Outlander!!!)

Song you turn the volume up all the way to listen to?

The overture to Phantom of the Opera, some of the choral stuff from The Lion King, and Judy Garland singing "Stormy Weather."

Something you keep in your car?

Cords to all of my electronic gear, bottles of water

Highlight of your day?

If we're talking about every day, then I guess it's Jeopardy.   (How pathetic is that?)

Something you do everyday that you wish you didn’t have to do?

Plan and cook dinner.

Do you mind if people just show up at your house unannounced?

Yes.  I never know what sort of condition the house is going to be in.  I'd like a little warning, enough to corral the dust bunnies and trick the dogs into going outside..

What do you do when you disagree with someone?

I'm not really confrontational, so I'm likely to let it go and seethe.

Do you enjoy rain?

Love it!  Of course I haven't seen any in years....

Who’s your favorite person in the whole world… besides me?

Well, I could get into trouble for naming one person in the family so I am going to assume this question means favorite person OTHER than family members.  It would have to be a toss-up between Steve Schalchlin, whom I almost never see any more, but who gives the world's greatest hugs, and Char, who is the person who has shared most of my life for half a century.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I wanted to see the Outlander series, maybe I'll get to when it's out on DVD. I almost ordered Starz just to be able to watch it.

Bon voyage!!