Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunday Stealing

One Thing .....
that makes you smile:

I always smile watching the grandkids running around their back yard, chasing each other, playing in the puppet theater, riding bikes, etc.  So much youth!  So much energy! 

that makes you cry:

Pretty much anything emotional makes me cry, especially any book or TV show that has touching moments in them, whether sad or happy. Don't get me started on Hallmark commercials or videos about animal rescue by the Human Society

that you love to do on the weekends:

Write to my granddaughters.  I am trying to establish a routine so that when they are old enough, they will maybe think about writing back (not for a couple of years yet, though)

that you do for only yourself:

I sponsor children through Compassion. Walt doesn't express an interest and the money for the support of the kids comes out of my own bank account, where I deposit my checks from writing reviews.

that you have in your underwear drawer that's NOT underwear:

Just checked and I'm afraid that the only thing in there is underwear (unless socks aren't considered underwear, in which case I also have socks in there)

that you do before going to sleep:

Our dog Sheila and I have a routine.  I lie down on the couch and she walks in the direction of my head to my feet so I can pet her and scratch her hind quarters.   Then she turns around and walks in the other direction, so I can scratch her ears and her chest and give her hugs around her neck.  When I've done that, she lies down next to the couch, where she sleeps all night.

that you do within the first 15 minutes after waking:

Check e-mail (my iPad is on a shelf right next to me and I can check e-mail without letting the dogs know I'm awake)

that's in your purse:

My purse weighs 25 lbs.  It holds wallet, iPod, Kindle, camera, cell phone and then all the "little things" we all carry.
that you actually LIKE to clean:
I've been sitting here thinking and thinking and can't come up with anything.

that you DETEST cleaning:

The toilet.  I am very lucky that Walt does it.

that other people would find odd about you:

I suspect that people would find most things about me rather odd.

that you would buy if I handed you a $100 bill:

I would stick it in my checking account so that I'm not behind when time comes to pay for the Compassion kids.  Nothing I need to buy with $100.

that you feel you HAVE to do before you die:

Well, actually most things on my mental bucket list I am very fortunate to have done.   I would hate to leave this world without finding out why Peggy cut me off, but that is never going to happen and thank goodness I have (mostly) made peace with it.

1 comment:

Yael said...

Last time when my grandkids were running in the back yard it was to find a shelter from a missile.Other times i also smile when i see them running.