Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Stealing

1. What’s your favorite candle scent?
I have no one particular scent, though I lean toward the flowery scents.

2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Ellen Degeneres. 

3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
Mark Harmon.  (What a trio we'd be...Ellen, Mark and me!)

4. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I don't think, I know.  I was 22 when we married, 48 years ago.

5. Do you know a hoarder?
Yes.  ME!  (Though I'm not the kind of hoarder that you see on TV...I just have lots of "stuff.")

6. Can you do a split?
I can split an English muffin or a bagel, I can make a banana split, but I cannot split anything that involves moving body parts far apart from one another.

7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike?
I don't remember, but it was some time in grammar school.  Probably 10 or so.

8. How many oceans have you swum in?
I think only the Pacific, though I have dipped a digit in other oceans, like the Indian ocean, the Atlantic, the Mediterranean and Black Seas

9. How many countries have you been to?
Canada, Mexico, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, China, Finland, Estonia.   That's 19.  I think that's it.  [UPDATE:  Walt reminds me I left out Australia (something Freudian in that, I suspect), and Char reminds me we were in Monaco, so that brings the total to 21, unless Hong Kong is considered a country. I also was in South Korea and Singapore, but I don't count those countries because I never got out of the airport.]

10. Is anyone in your family in the military?
Not my immediate family.  I had uncles who fought in WW II, and my cousin has grandsons in the Navy.

11. Have you named any of your body parts?
Good God, no.

12. If you had a child today, what would you name him/her?
Miracle.  I'm 70-1/2 years old.  I done had my last kid in  1972.

13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
I can't remember back that far, but probably a D (I don't have a clue what subject it would have been in, though.  Probably math.)

14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
Winky Dink and You.

15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
Eight?  Be serious.  That was 62 years ago.  I do have one picture of me in costume from around that time, and I was a gypsy.  I think.

16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Harry Potter, yes.  Twilight series, yes (and am embarrassed to admit it.   What a waste of my time.)  I have not yet read the Hunger Games.

17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
Having a British accent would be cool, if it was the proper kind of British accent.

18. Did your mother go to college?
No.

19. Are your grandparents still married?
It depends on whether the marriage vows continue into the next life.  They've all been dead a very, very long time.

20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No...but my son David did.

21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Kermie?  If COURSE I know Kermit the frog.  He has been sitting in my living room wearing a black arm band ever since Jim Henson died.

22. What was the first amusement park you’ve been to?
Playland at the Beach in San Francisco.  What a fun place.  I'm sorry my kids never got the chance to experience it, since it was torn down in 1972.

23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
French and/or Portuguese (I know a smattering of each)

24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray?
Usually grey, but it depends on my mood.

25. Is your father bald?
Most assuredly by now, since he was buried in 1987.  But he had a full head of grey hair (see?  grey) at the time of his death.

No comments: