Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday Stealing

This week's questions come from Cinematic Symphony.

Let Me Give Your Heart A Break Meme  (why would I want a heart break?)

Do you prefer a lot of ice in your drinks or just a little bit of ice?

Lots and lots and lots of ice.

Which condiment (ketchup, mustard, etc.) do you use the most of?
I don't use a lot, but ketchup more than mustard.

Does war scare you?
War is definitely trouble for me / it starts when two people disagree / then they go out and have other people kill other people for them / War's a bad thing and it makes me mad. (Lyrics by Lawsuit)

Do you know any songs that are older than you are?
I probably know more songs that are older than I am than I know songs that are younger than I am!

Are you comfortable sharing drinks with your friends?
Not really, though I'm not fastidious about it.

What season were you born in?
Winter.

Have you ever spent over $100.00 on an article of clothing? What was it?
Probably only shoes (have you priced Birkinstocks lately?)  Fortunately, I only buy a new pair of shoes every 10-20 years! (you think I'm kidding, don't you)

Do you think you’re too hard on yourself sometimes?
Often, often, often...or so I've been told.

What pizza place do you usually order from?
Rarely order pizza, so "usually" os hard to say.  Mostly I make my own.

Honestly, have you ever mooned or flashed somebody?
Good heavens, no.

Do you have a least favorite color?
Orange.  It's a nice color, but I look terrible in it.

Honestly, have you ever written something on a bathroom stall?
Yes.  In my misspent youth.

Who do you consider to be the king of pop?
In my day, it was probably Johnny Mathis

Do you know all of the words to any childrens song?
Oh definitely.  I am a mother (and grandmother) after all.

Can you name 3 purple foods?
Plums, eggplant, and some little potatoes I bought recently.  Also grapes (bonus answer)

When was the last time you made a pinky promise?
I don't know that I ever have.

What celebrity do you wish would have a big comeback?
I don't know from celebrities these days.  My favorites are all dead...and that would be quite a comback!

Do you think your parents know things about you that you don’t want them to?
With a dead father and a mother with dementia, the answer to that is "not any more" !

Have you ever walked into a spider web?
Oooo....yuck.  Too many times!

What grocery store do you usually get your food from?
Nugget Market and Costco.

What would be your happily ever after?
Not to follow my aunt, mother, and grandmother into dementia, to die before I become incapacitated and incapable of living independently.  And to have no more of my children die before I do.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
A few years ago when I won a theater award.  My speech lasted only seconds--but there were nearly 1000 people in the audience.

Who is the worst driver you know?
A woman I won't name, but I got so scared riding with her that I rarely see her any more rather than trying to find excuses not to go in her car.

How about the best driver?
I'm irrationally uncomfortable with any driver, even myself.

Are you shorter or taller than most of your friends?
About the same, I think.

Do you know anybody who was born on a holiday?
My mother's late husband was born on Christmas; my late aunt was born on Halloween.

What is one thing you really don’t like sharing?
Definitely my toothbrush.  You use it, I have to buy a new one.

Have you ever been hit on through text message?
LOL.  Uh...no.

What was the last junk food you ate?
A cheeseburger and onion rings.

Do you prefer sweet or sour candy?
Sweet.  Definitely.  But tossing in something salty makes it much better.

What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
I almost never drink alcoholic beverages any more, but I had some fermented apple cider last night.  I drank about 3/4 of the bottle.

Currently waiting on something/someone?
Waiting to start our trip to the Ukraine in a little over a week.

What was the last thing you watched on television?
Washington Week in Review

How old will you be in 12 months?
71

Do you sleep naked?
Never have.

Have you ever held hands with someone in a car?
Of course.

Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
Well, I've made it 70 years without smoking a cigarette, I think I can go the rest of my life without it.

What do you say during awkward silences?
Nothing.  I just get more and more uncomfortable.

When will you next see the last person you texted?
The minute I leave my office...it was Walt and he is sitting in the next room.

Honestly, when is the last time you have been to Texas?
Probably 2000, I think.  I went to Houston to visit a friend.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

I wish we could watch Washington Week in Review - one of our favorites. Our PBS station is having it's third 3-week long pledge "week" of the year.

Mary Z said...

It is scary how many of our answers are alike.