Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Stealing

Today we ripped off a blogger named Gina from the blog The Journey to Olivia. It is 40 questions, this is part two. She does not state where she found the meme. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!  

21) What’s something you’ve always wanted?
A Victorian house with a turret room that could be my library, where I could curl up on a padded window seat and read all day (preferably overlooking the ocean!).  Now I'm sure I wouldn't fit on a window seat and it would probably give me back pains anyway.  :(

22) Do you have hairy legs?
I haven't shaved my legs or underarms in decades, because I don't need to.  I don't know why, but I ain't complaining!

23) What does “Semper Fidelis” stand for?
"Stand for"?  It translates from Latin to "always faithful," but obviously, if you watch NCIS, "Semper Fi" has a deeper meaning for Marines.  Kind of like "saudade" (a kind of homesickness for someone or something) does for Brasilians--difficult to equal in English.

24) Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
Given those two choices, lake.  But really a pool.

25) Do you wear a lot of black?
I have very few pants that aren't black.  Tops are more varied.

26) Describe your hair:
Short, wavy, salt and pepper and -- sigh -- thinning.

27) Do you have Entomophobia?
Yeah, I guess so.  Not badly, but I am not fond of bugs.

28) Are you an adult?
Are you speaking mentally or physically?

29) Do you own or rent?
We have owned this house since 1973...and paid off the mortage several years ago.

30) Do you have a tan?
I have never been able to tan.  Only burn.  So I have never liked to sunbathe.

31) Are you addicted to TV?
Bwahahaha.  Yes, you could say that!

32) Do you enjoy spending time with your in-laws?
I never met my father-in-law, who died in 1955.  I enjoyed my mother-in-law, who died 2 years ago.  I love my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and their spouses.

33) Are you a sugar freak?
Not a sugar "freak" but I do enjoy my sweets.  I'm a bigger carboholic, tho.

34) What happened to Larry King?
He's still around, isn't he?  Just not doing his show any more.

35) What sign are you?
Aquarius, Baby!  (Is it still our age?)

36) What do you wish on your birthday?
World peace.

37) Who did you copy this from?
Sunday Stealing, whose disclaimer is at the top of this list of questions

38) Do you eat breakfast?
I have never skipped breakfast.

39) What would you name the royal baby?
Apple Hashtag.  (It's in...it's very in)

40) Do you buy a newspaper?

We have subscribed to the San Francisco Chronicle for nearly 50 years, and to the Davis Enterprise since we moved here in 1973.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Apple Hashtag made me chuckle.