Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sunday Stealing

Because of being in Santa Barbara on Sunday, watching the 49er game with Brianna, I didn't do a Sunday Stealing.  I suppose it's OK to do it on a Tuesday!

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you:
Assuming that I do NOT have anyone to meet for lunch, my day would be waking up too early (usually around 5) and trying to be quiet so that the dogs don't wake up.  When the dogs wake up, I feed them, make coffee (sometimes--sometimes Walt reheats yesterday's).  Eat breakfast and come to the computer where I do That's My Answer, check Facebook, go to Google Reader to check the blogs I follw and all this with the TV on in the background--Today Show, Kelly and Michael, and Anderson.   Some days I have letters to write, and always something to work on, either writing or PhotoShopping, or organizing files on the computer.  Lunch somewhere between 11:30 and 1.  Then it's time for a nap, which usually lasts an hour (hey--I'm almost 70...I'm allowed!).  Afternoon is more of the same, now with hopefully an NCIS or Criminal Minds or SVU marathon to keep me busy.  Walt and I watch Jeopardy together, I cook dinner when Jeopardy is over (after feeding the dogs).   Evening TV, blog-writing, and then off to sleep, to start it all again around midnight or 2 a.m., depending on how long my body lets me sleep.

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
Hmmm.  I guess my ability to cope with catastrophes. I may fall apart at little things, but when something major comes along, I seem to be able to handle things well and help others cope. 

86. What is your greatest weakness?
Lack of motivation, lack of commitment.  Nothing really seems all that important any more.

87. Are you going to run for President in 2016?
Uh.  No.  

88. Are you generally self-contained?
Pretty much.  I'm good at keeping a lot of things bottled up.

89. Are you generally organized or messy?
Bwahahaha.  "Organized" is not a word in my vocabulary

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at:
Good at:  Writing, Cooking (when I feel like it), Injecting a note of levity into serious situations
Bad at:  Sticking on task, Keeping anything looking neat and tidy, maintaining a healthy weight

91. Do you like your neighbours? Do they like you?
I don't know my neighbors.  We've lived here 40 years, many of them have too.   I know some of their names, but we don't socialize.  Basically, I'm still smarting from the fact that we got almost no support, sympathy, or even a kind word etc. after either of our sons died by most people in the neighborhood (though the rest of Davis was absolutely wonderful)

92. Are you different in public then you act among friends?
No.  I'm pretty much the same all the time, I think.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
At my age, most of my goals have been met.  I've raised children, worked at a job I enjoyed, wrote a book, seen my grandchildren born, traveled a fair share.  I have no more lofty goals.

94. Where do you see yourself in 4 years?
If I'm still here, just older and doing the same thing as I am now.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to leave this world?
How does the old joke go--quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror the way the passengers in his car were.

96. If you had only one week to live, what three things would be bumped up on the bucket list?
Can't think of anything.  In one week you can't travel to say goodbye to everybody you'll be missing.  Just keep all of your relationships up to date and hope they have fond memories of you.

97. What is one thing about you that really stands out?
I'm fat.

98. What three words best describe your personality?
Pleasant, soft-spoken, funny

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
I don't know...why don't you leave a comment below and tell me.

100. What advice do you have to give?

The best advice I got as a child was "never go to the foot when the head can be had," which means if you are unhappy about something, go to the person who has the highest position and has the most vested interest in keeping you happy.  That used to be true, but nowadays, I don't think anybody really has a vested interest in keeping customers happy.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

How could you describe yourself and leave out "interesting" and "compassionate"?

jon said...

86. right now I feel like everything is important.

84. We got sick of Dr. Phil last year so we started watching Anderson. In the beginning we loved the show. After about 30 shows we noticed that Anderson had some weird obsessions. His eating habits are a perfect example. He started to lose credibility with us. We don't watch his show this year. I did noticed his location is different. I liked the old one.
I only watch him on 60 minutes now.

89. I am organized. but not as much as my wife. Our house sparkles. I do the cleaning and she does the cooking. but sometimes we switch.

90. I am good at collecting information.
I have a good sense of humor. I am good at thinking outside the crate.

I am bad at learning French, but I am progressing.
I am not great at grammar, but I am progressing.
I am bad at getting over Wilson's death. We still get misty eyed when we talk about him. i guess I am progressing there also.