Saturday, April 28, 2012

Through the Looking Glass

I really felt that I had stepped through the looking glass yesterday, and was meeting all of the weird characters that Alice met.

First there were Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee.  I sent a message to someone about something my mother would not be able to do because of her back pain and immediately there was a note circulated from Tweedle Dum that my mother WOULD do it!!!   because Tweedle Dee would MAKE IT HAPPEN!  And how the reasons I stated were nothing.  They would SEE TO IT THAT SHE COULD DO IT, no matter the danger to her health.

tweedle-dee-and-tweedle-dum1.jpg (21891 bytes)

Then there was the Cheshire cat, who responded to my sad comment about this being a shitty week just because we lost two very good friends within three days by being bright and cheery and telling me it was a GREAT week because it was Jeri's birthday!  I didn't want to rain on Jeri's birthday parade, but dammit, I'm sad about the death of Will and Jim and I'm sorry, birthday or not, I still think of this as a shitty week.

cheshirecat.jpg (47247 bytes)

Then I was shocked, I tell you, shocked! to learn that the Catholic church had done something of which I approved.  I wanted to ask, like the caterpillar, "Who are YOU?"  The church has come out as opposed to the Ryan Budget, saying they criticized his “continuing misuse of Catholic teaching to defend a budget plan that decimates food programs for struggling families, radically weakens protections for the elderly and sick, and gives more tax breaks to the wealthiest few.”  Maybe I was mistaken.  Could I really be agreeing with the Catholic stand on something?  Maybe it was something I was smoking in that hooka pipe.

caterpillar.jpg (19308 bytes)

But then along came the Mad Hatter in the form of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation.  This is a women's prayer group, praying for their fellow women fighting for a secular military to get incurable breast cancer.  Yes you read that right.  They are praying that women will get incurable breast cancer.

Hatter.gif (12762 bytes)

As for the new Romney comments, now that he's battling the pres and not his fellow candidates, which contradict all the things he campaigned on, well of course he is painting the roses red.

redroses.jpg (50224 bytes)

There was the news that Gingrich is (probably) going to (finally) concede defeat (maybe), tomorrow (or sometime). 

jabber.jpg (56031 bytes)
 
And, as in uffish thought he stood, 
   The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, 
   And burbled as it came!
 
By the time I got to Rachel Maddow's report about the possible repeal of Michigan's Emergency Manager law being rejected because of the wrong font size? I just wanted to be the doormouse, curl inside a tea pot and go to sleep until it's over
.
doormouse.jpg (55760 bytes)

Or else run about commanding that all their heads be lopped off.

queenH.jpg (46985 bytes)
 
Is it November yet?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Six more months -- heaven help us!