Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Stealing

A better name for me would be:
Barbara. It was the name my parents were going to give me originally, it is the name everyone calls me when they can’t figure out my real name, and I like it better than Beverly

I have a hard time understanding:
how anybody can eat oysters.

If I ever go back to school, I’d:
probably flunk out even more gloriously than I did in 1962, since I can't remember anything any more.

You know I like you if:
I want to spend time with you. 

If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be:
depends on the award.  I did win an award for helping to write a script (my involvement was minimal).  It was just a few months after Paul died.  When he was alive, I always said that I wanted to see him win an award so he could thank me from the stage, so when I got the award, I just held it up and said "this is for Paul."

If I could bring back a TV show for a reunion it would be:
Northern Exposure (most of the other shows I liked have already had reunion shows)

Take my advice, never:
...bite into something that looks like a green bean on your plate of Indian food.   It isn't a green bean.  Trust me.

My ideal breakfast is:
Crab Benedict and fresh squeezed orange juice

A song I love, but do not own is:
Actually, I think I own all the songs I love.  The nice thing about iTunes is that you can buy ONE song without having to pay for an entire album that you don't care about.

If you visit my hometown (San Francisco), I'd suggest:
Take me along as your guide.  You can see the cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf and all the usual tourist spots on your own, but I'll give you a one day driving tour of the spots people don't usually see...and throw in lunch at Greens, which I suspect most people don't know about.
If I could meet a couple of my blog buddies, I'd include:
I'm always tempted to want to meet Rob (Schuyler's Monster), but I don't think he likes me very much (despite the fact that I'm such a likeable person!) so I won't put him on this list.  I've wanted to meet Marn forever, even though she doesn't blog as much as she used to.  I want to visit her cabin in the woods and walk among her hostia and meet the spousal unit and their cats.   I'd also love to get together with Kwizgiver, since we are both crazy.

Why won’t people:
see that we are all just people, black and white and yellow and brown, male and female, gay and straight, weak and strong, American and other nationalities.  Why do we have to have so many people hating so many other people?

If you spend the night at my house:
You'd better like dogs and clutter

I’d stop everything for:
a call from my mother saying she needed help.

The world could do without:
Prejudice, hatred, wars, and beets.

The last time I got drunk I:
I can't remember the last time I got drunk...which either means I was blotto or that it was so long ago I have forgotten it.  Since I don't drink any more, I suspect it's the latter.

My favorite blonde is:
Brianna

Paper clips are more useful than:
straight pins (and less painful too)

If I do anything well, it’s:
I used to say "type" but since my typing has turned abominable and embarrassing now, I'll say that am a wiz with a ComCast TV remote.

And by the way:
If everyone I love would please stop dying, I would very much appreciate it.   Thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

jon said...

Beets?

Kwizgiver said...

Beets! Yes, away with beets!

poundheadhere said...

I have to admit, I still enjoy albums. Only so many songs are released as singles, and I find myself partial to non-single cuts a lot of times.

Bev Sykes said...

So far, any album from which I have wanted to download music has been available on iTunes, with none of the individual pieces of music not available.