Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Read My Letter

I got my Christmas present early....

...SHILOH GOT ADOPTED!!!!!

He had arrived here on August 7 and he was a sweet little guy. I never understood why he hadn't been considered before. But he was adopted by someone who also adopted Angela...

Angela.jpg  (62185 bytes)

...who wasn't with us, but who looks like she'll make a perfect match for him. Polly returned home with us, and is probably going to be happy not to have any competition for a place in my lap tonight.

When we drove to Petco to pick her up, we were also going to get canned puppy food to mix with the puppies' kibble. "They only have beef at Petco," Walt said, asking me if beef would be OK. I said it would. "They have chicken and lamb at Nugget," he said, "and they don't have any puppy food at all at Save-Mart."

I had to giggle that (a) we were having that conversation and (b) that we know which pet foods are sold in which store! Our knowledge base has obviously been expanded, thanks to involvement with the SPCA.

On the home front, it hasn't rained in a couple of days and I decided that the puppies should have their introduction to the Great Outdoors.

PupsOutside.jpg (126269 bytes)

At first they weren't sure what this strange texture under their feet was, but after awhile they started investigating their surroundings.

PupsPatio.jpg (113423 bytes)

PupsExplore.jpg (125114 bytes)

They seem to have enjoyed themselves, and all collapsed when they got back in the cage again.

PupsTired.jpg (106432 bytes)

So it seems we're starting a new era...down to 6 dogs, Shiloh at a forever home, and puppies taking the next steps toward their own eventual forever homes.

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Wonderful news about Shiloh! and bittersweet, too, of course. I know you'll miss her.

And those puppies are precious - and definitely going to be even more rambunctious.

Kwizgiver said...

The puppies are too adorable!!

::mingle::