Thursday, December 30, 2010

Puppies Gone

Walt got hold of the camera this morning when I was surrounded by puppies. It was our last day with them.

MeByePups.jpg (54223 bytes)

I loved being mom to these little guys and when they all crowded around me whenever I moved, it was really kind of fun...but I knew that the time had come for them to go.

They were going to a foster family in Woodland, with a house and kids and it sounded like exactly the kind of transitional home they would need until adopted.

It was a sunny (if cold) day and I took them outside to run around. They have been having such fun discovering all sorts of things.

pupkiss.jpg  (49414 bytes)

After they came in for a nap, I went and met my friend Ruth for lunch. My plan had been to go to the store afterwards, but I found as I sat there with her that I was just totally exhausted (as a matter of fact, she asked at one point if I was OK) and once I got into the car, all I wanted to do was to come home and have a nap, which I did--for two hours.

Marta and a friend came over shortly before we had to take the puppies to the SCPA shop. She was needing a puppy fix and the puppies obliged nicely. Then we loaded them into the car, the girls in the carrying crate and Max in my arms.

WaltBye.jpg  (45974 bytes)

We were there to meet the new family and I think it's going to be a good fit. I stuck Max in the crate with the others and Walt said his goodbyes. Notice that I packed their tiny bed to go along with them. I figured it would make them feel better tonight, having a familiar place to sleep, albeit hopelessly small for them!

We stopped at Steve's Pizza on the way home and had a salad for dinner, since I had not gone to the store earlier, and then came home to take down the fencing around the dog crate and clean up a bit before going off to Sacramento to see Cirque Dreams Holidaze, the new show at the Community Center.

The show was enjoyable -- like the Ed Sullivan Show on steroids! My favorite is still the quick change artists. I am completely fascinated by how they DO that, especially changing outfits in a shower of confetti.

However, the show had a bizarre finale that a woman I spoke with afterwards found offensive. Two scantily clad acrobats do this marvelously athletic, beautifully sensuous routine to "Oh Holy Night." I had to admit that rather than "this is the night of our dear Saviour's birth" it looked like the night of our dear Saviour's conception...and it certainly would not have been a virgin birth. The singing was nice and the routine was beautiful, but they definitely did not fit together.

The woman I spoke with said that she was by no stretch of the imagination religious, but she found it offensive. I suppose I will mention that in my review!

It seems lonely around here with "only" 3 dogs. But it's nice to know that I won't have to tiptoe around the house for fear of waking the puppies up if I wake up in the middle of the night.

I sure did like those little guys. I hope they all go to wonderful homes.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

They are so adorable, and I think they are going to big dogs! You did a great job with them Bev, who all do you have left now?

*mingle*