Saturday, August 7, 2010

Taking Inventory

It's time to take some inventory here in my office again. I was looking at the desk drawer and at the desktop and decided that they are really pretty ridiculous. And just think that I had the desktop cleaned off not all that long ago. Here's what it looks like now.

Desktop.jpg  (143283 bytes)

And here's a guide to what you see on the desk. (I didn't label the ziplock box in the upper right corner because that's self explanatory--I use the ziplog bags to put little bits and pieces in--the various cords that go to the various electronic gizmos that I use.)

Desktopcopy.jpg (72175 bytes)

OK. Lets start with #1, which is my passport holder, which I wear around my neck when traveling. It obviously hasn't been washed since we returned from Russia (note the stain). It's actually sitting on a white envelope which contains the kit for a test I'm supposed to complete and send back to the doctor. Also, unmarked but sitting to the left of the passport holder is one navy blue sock, which I rescued from a dog's mouth.

#2 is the only "normal" thing on the desk, my calendar, which I could not live without.

#3 is my iPod, onto which I have just loaded a podcast to play in the car for Walt--but it's a surprise, so shhh don't tell him. (And no, I'm not going to tell you what podcast it is).

#4 is the application for an adult school class dated June 2009 (but I just printed it off, so I think the posted page has the wrong date!)

#5 a letter from Jeri, who has taken on the task of writing real letters to people from time to time. It's a wonderful new thing she's doing and all of us blessed with the letters love them, including Cappy, who literally "devoured" page 1.

#6 a book I finished awhile ago just before Cappy chewed one side of it. Sigh.

#7 a package of noodles that my friend Lynn bought when she was here a year ago.

#8 a foot care kit

#9 an empty box that my "moo cards" came in a couple of years ago.

#10 a notebook from Google that I got about 6 months or so at a Davis Community Network board meeting.

#11 the cable remote control. My coffee cup is actually sitting to the left of the remote.

#12 pictures from Easter

#13 the TV remote control

#14 one of those ped-egg thingies

I did the same thing with the top drawer of my desk, which is also a great place to keep all sorts of junk

Drawer.jpg  (156630 bytes)

Drawercopy.jpg (62955 bytes)

#1 a little folder from a gelato place we visited in Italy.

#2 a package of tissues Peggy sent a couple of Christmases ago (they were too cute to use for their intended purpose).

#3 a baby bottle nipple, presumably from some time when I was feeding puppies.

#4 two sheets of comemorative stamps, one Simpsons stamp left and still some SPCA stamps.

#5 part of a computer peripheral that the dogs broke years ago (hope springs eternal--I'm hoping that the longer it sits in my desk, the greater the chance that it will regenerate the chewed part!)

#6 I often floss my teeth at my desk, since I'm all alone and nobody can see me.

#7 Listerine breath fresheners

#8 My invaluable digital voice recorder.

#9 a cassette tape (I don't even have a cassette player any more)

#10 a photograph from about 1962 that I scanned awhileback.

#11 a greeting card.

I'd clean up and organize all this stuff, but what fun would that be. It's all the thrill of unexpected discovery that makes the best journal entries!

2 comments:

Indigo said...

I not only carry dental floss with me where ever I go, I also have no issues with flossing in public (although I will try to pretend I'm doing something else).

Go Cappy! My puppy just ate her homework folder from obedience school.

Why are you using a calendar when your iPod Touch has a calendar in it that syncs with your computer and you can even print up?

Bev Sykes said...

I have been using a Sierra Club calendar for years and really like having the pictures there in front of me