Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen thoughts about Thanksgiving

1. I hate that it's not the same as it was when the kids were younger
2. Dark meat turkey is the best
3. Whole cranberry sauce is OK, but I prefer jellied
4. I don't like olives, but the table doesn't look right without them.
5. Make two pumpkin pies, even though we won't eat them, because then there will be leftovers.
6. I wish my mother remembered how to make her stuffing. It hasn't tasted right in years.
7. Even if the family is scattered on Thanksgiving, the ones I feel the loss of most are David and Paul.
8. Nobody sets a beautiful table better than my mother.
9. I fail to see the appeal of that damn traditional green bean casserole
10. A raw egg adds nothing to mashed potatoes, despite with Walt's Uncle Ernie said
11. I really miss the Thanksgivings we used to have at Lake Tahoe.
12. I miss Uncle Fred because he always brought a 2 lb box of Sees candy.
13. I don't usually eat too much at dinner, but boy do I gorge on leftovers.

No comments: