Monday, November 30, 2009

10 Years Ago, etc.

10 years ago: We were still adjusting to David’s death and the new family dynamic without David in it–and then the world blew up and Paul died too.

8 years ago: I started what was going to be (and may have been) my last diet. I was determined. I took up biking and over the next couple of years, I lost 85 lbs. But I couldn’t run fast enough and it all found me again.

6 years ago: I had my bike accident, quit my job and went to Australia.

2 years ago: My mother had her accident and I moved into her house to take care of her. This led to the start of Cousins Day, which has become one of the most fun things in my life today.

Five Yummy Things

1. Rost Leg of Lamb
2. Dungeness Crab
3. Creme Brulee
4. Pumpkin Pie
5. Gelato

Five Songs I Know By Heart

1. Over the Rainbow (of course)
2. I Dreamed a Dream (from Les Mis)
3. For Good (from Wicked)
4. Save Me a Seat (by Steve Schalchlin)
5. Eensy Weency Spider

...and several hundred – or possibly thousands – of other songs!

Five Places I'd Like To Escape To

1. Mt. Barker, W. Australia
2. Hanalei, Kauai
3. Mendocino, CA
4. Anywhere with an ocean view and wi fi :)
5. Arles, France

Five Things I'd Never Wear
(I think I got this meme from Bozoette Mary...and my answers match hers)

1. A thong
2. Stilettos
3. A panty girdle
4. Low-rise pants
5. A bikini

Five Favorite TV Shows

1. The Daily Show
2. NCIS
3. The Good Wife
4. Criminal Minds
5. Monk

Five Things I Enjoy Doing

1. Writing
2. Taking photos
3. Cuddling the dogs
4. Playing on the Computer
5. Watching TV

Five Favorite Toys

1. iTouch
2. iPod
3. Digital camera
4. Flip Video
5. PhotoShop (is a computer program a "toy"?)

No comments: